Top Tips for Staging Your Home
A recent survey from the National Association of Realtors® revealed that 77 percent of real estate buyers’ agents said staging a home makes it easier for potential home buyers to visual it as their own. That’s why here at 555 Properties LLC, we believe staging is not to be overlooked! Here are our top tips.
- Dress up your yard and house. First impressions dose count, and the first one your home gives comes from the exterior of the house. Mow the lawn, clean up shrubbery, remove any boxes and packages, rake any leaves, clean the walkway and driveway, plant in-season flowers, and pull up any unsightly weeds.
- Reduce visible personal items. Make it easier for home buyers to imagine themselves making your house their next home by removing personal photos and knick-knacks from shelves, walls, and counters. Instead replace them with clean, simple home décor, such as abstract paintings, nature images, vases, plants, and more.
- Organize your storage areas. Storage is a huge selling point. Tidy up and clear out the accessible closets and cupboards in the home and make sure to point them out during an open house or showing.
- Appeal to the senses. Consider ways you can appeal to potential homebuyers’ other senses. During a viewing or open house, bake some fresh cookies or burn delicious smelling candles and play light, relaxing music in the background.
- Consider turning to an expert. With their knowledge of current trends and great eye for design, professionally certified stagers can transform a home in a variety of ways and have a keen sense of what homebuyers want and expect in a home. Investing in hiring a pro may pay off in dividends.